WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
It has come to our attention that people pretending to be Nikon representatives are contacting YouTube and Facebook channel owners via email.
The fraudulent correspondence generally carry Nikon’s name, and / or refer to the Nikon public relations department, requesting that the recipient produce a video using a Nikon camera or offer sponsorship opportunities.
These emails bear no relation to Nikon or any members of the Nikon Group.
In light of the increasing frequency of these incidents, Nikon would like to raise awareness of the fact that third parties, representing themselves as Nikon, may attempt to gain personal or financial information and exploit it for financial gain.
Please note: Only official correspondence regarding existing or potential collaborations will come from an official Nikon company email address, ending in @nikon.com
Alternatively, you may also be contacted from one of our agency partners – to verify they are official, we suggest you search for their web presence to check for the following:
• Signs they are legitimate
- The website is secured by looking at the address bar (URL) to see if there is an “s” in the URL - it should look like this “https://” at the start – or if it has a lock symbol in the address bar
- The presence of contact details or official distributor details
- Details of their work with the Nikon – a logo or a case study
• Signs that suggest they are fraudulent
- The absence of any of the above
- Poor spelling and grammar (including in the domain name)
- Broken links (or no additional links) to other pages on the site
If in doubt, please do not reply, click on any link or provide any information without confirming its legitimacy.
Instead, please reach out to your local Nikon public relations representative to verify the correspondence – their details can be found in the ‘Press Enquires’ section of the Nikon website. Or, you can reach out to Nikon through our social media platforms – our verified channels will have a blue tick.
- ΓΙΑ ΚΑΘΕ ΠΕΡΙΠΕΤΕΙΑ. Η NIKON ΑΝΑΚΟΙΝΩΝΕΙ ΤΗΝ ΚΥΚΛΟΦΟΡΙΑ ΔΥΟ ΝΕΩΝ ΚΙΑΛΙΩΝ PROSTAFF.
- Η NIKON ΘΡΙΑΜΒΕΥΕΙ ΣΤΑ ΒΡΑΒΕΙΑ TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 ΜΕ ΤΡΕΙΣ ΝΙΚΕΣ
- Η NIKON ΚΕΡΔΙΣΕ ΠΕΝΤΕ ΒΡΑΒΕΙΑ RED DOT ΣΥΜΠΕΡΙΛΑΜΒΑΝΟΜΕΝΟΥ ΤΟΥ «BEST OF THE BEST» ΓΙΑ ΤΗ Z 9
- H ΝΙΚΟΝ ΚΥΚΛΟΦΟΡΕΙ ΤΗΝ ΕΚΔ. 1.2.0 ΤΟΥ ΑΠΟΜΑΚΡΥΣΜΕΝΟΥ ΣΥΣΤΗΜΑΤΟΣ ΛΗΨΕΩΝ NX FIELD ΓΙΑ ΕΠΑΓΓΕΛΜΑΤΙΚΑ ΦΩΤΟΓΡΑΦΙΚΑ ΠΡΑΚΤΟΡΕΙΑ
- Η Nikon αναπτύσσει τη λαβή με τηλεχειριστήριο MC-N10 για το σύστημα μοντούρας Z της Nikon
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera