• AF-S 50mm lens — a fast, single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle (when attached to a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format)
• Large maximum aperture of f/1.4
• Well-balanced design realises both high MTF performance and natural-looking picture blur
• Newly developed optical system effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and chromatic aberration
• Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
• Two focus modes are available — M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
• Focus ring does not rotate in AF operation
• Natural blur effects thanks to nine-blade rounded diaphragm
• Metal lens mount is employed
• Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the lens barrel length does not change
The lens will be available in December.
For full specification please click here.